Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Imagine: No Television

[Sung to John Lennon's egregious, "Imagine"]

Imagine there's no television.
It isn't hard to do.
No screens around us.
In front of us, only books.

Imagine all the people
Thinking like humans.
Oh, oooh!

You may say I'm a dreamer.
But I'm not the only one
Some day they'll wake up.
And the world will think again.

Imagine there's no celebrity
It's easy if you try.
No Paris or Brittany
We might live before we die.

Imagine all the people
thinking for themselves.
Oh oooh!

You may say I'm a dreamer.
But I'm not the only one.
Some day they'll wake up,
And the world will think again.

4 comments:

Ed Trefzger said...

Amen! I got rid of cable about 5 months ago and don't miss it a bit. I'm reading a couple of books a week, teaching a Bible study and attending one. I'm sorry it took so long for me to get to that point.

Now, if my cable company carried Denver Seminary apologetics lectures, I might still have it.

Anonymous said...

Ed,
Those apologetics lectures are much better when you're sitting in the classroom. Bank the money you're saving on cable, and come to the seminary for a lecture : )

Yossman said...

Imagination surely thrives when the tv is turned off.

Anonymous said...

A shame, really, that such a lovely melody has been shackled to lyrics of epic inspidity.

I speak of the original, of course.

Ken